July 8, 2026
After suffering a crippling injury, an aging Robin Hood (Hugh Jackman) was convalescing at the Priory of St. Clement, under the care of Sister Brigid (Jodie Comer). Not proud of his violent past as an outlaw, Robin introduced himself as Randolph. There, Robin befriended a man who was afflicted with leprosy (Murray Bartlet), as well as a young girl named Margaret (Faith Delaney), daughter of Robin's old friend Little John (Bill SkarsgÄrd).
This film was written and directed by Michael Sarnosky, based on a 17th century English ballad known as "Robin Hood's Death," author unknown. This is said to be one of the oldest existing tale about Robin Hood. In the more popular legend adapted for previous films, such as the Disney animated version (1973) or the Kevin Costner version (1991), Robin Hood was a heroic outlaw who "stole from the rich to give to the poor."
This morose and notorious Robin Hood we see in this film was a total departure from the charismatic and swashbuckling Robin Hood we knew. The Robin and Little John in the first half were unrecognizable. There was no sense of honor or nobility in the way this Robin fought and killed people, without regard for their age nor gender. He was brutality personified when he killed. If your stomach can't handle gore, you will look away.
By the second half, a limping Robin was recovering his health in the peaceful security of Brigid's Priory. At this point, Robin, and the whole film itself, was gradually transitioning from darkness into the light. As Robin learned to connect with other people, the lighting and the music of the film also became brighter and lighter. It was here that we can finally see the face of Hugh Jackman very well as he emerged from the shadows of the first half.
Many did not like this film because the intense action scenes in the first half were totally abandoned in the contemplative second half. However, this was exactly the reason why I liked the second half more, as the acting of Jackman came to fore interacting with Comer, Delaney, Bartlet and Noah Jupe. Jackman already played a superhero to his death in "Logan" (2017). Here, he played a folk hero to his death, albeit an antihero version of him. 6/10

It's a great pleasure for me to write this testimony about how I got my Herpes virus cured two week ago. I have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr. Kham but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr. Kham then contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, I pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with Herbalist Kham Remedies was great, he healed me just as he promised. He sent me his medication and asked me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. I agreed with him. I took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that I am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 5 days to be very sure I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes Negative. so i guess it's time i recommend anyone going through the same way. reach him through his email; dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or add him on WhatsApp +2348159922297.
ReplyDeleteI actually enjoyed The Death of Robin Hood more than I expected. If you're looking for the classic "steal from the rich, give to the poor" adventure, this isn't it. This version strips away the legend and shows a broken, aging man forced to confront the consequences of a lifetime of violence.
ReplyDeleteThe first half is raw, brutal, and honestly pretty uncomfortable at times. Hugh Jackman plays Robin Hood as someone who's more feared than admired, and the action is bloody enough to make you wince. But that's exactly what makes the second half work so well.
Once Robin arrives at the priory, the movie slows down and shifts its focus from swords to redemption. Some viewers might call it boring, but I thought it gave Jackman the chance to deliver one of his strongest emotional performances in years. His chemistry with Jodie Comer, Faith Delaney, and Murray Bartlett makes the quieter moments hit much harder than the fight scenes.
It's almost like Logan in medieval clothing—less about the legend and more about the man behind it. Don't expect a crowd-pleasing blockbuster; expect a thoughtful, melancholic farewell to one of history's most famous outlaws.
If you're into darker character-driven stories instead of nonstop action, this one is definitely worth checking out. And if you're looking for something fun after movie night, take a peek at https://rubyreels-australia.com/