Friday, October 29, 2021

Vivamax: Review of SA HABA NG GABI: Clumsy Chiller

October 29, 2021




One day, Jhermelyn (Kim Molina) went to work as a housemaid in a huge mansion to help out her cousin Neneng (Candy Pangilinan) who was already working there. That night, the chauffeur Nhoel (Jerald Napoles) drove home the owner of the mansion, Senator (Johnny Revilla), who was accompanied by a young woman Agatha (Andrea Barbierra). Meanwhile outside the house, the village was being ravaged by green-blooded zombies who were roaming the streets biting and killing everyone in their path. 

This horror-comedy was only 1 hour and 20 minutes long, but it still felt long. Despite the fact that the film had practically not much substance in it, there were even plenty of scenes that did not really need to be there at all. We did not need to see Jhermelyn say a long goodbye to her parents (Rolando Innocencio and Yayo Aguila), whom we do not see or hear from again for the rest of the film. We did not need to see the tour of the three living rooms of the house, since it did not really matter in the plot. 

Poor Kim Molina tried her best to keep Jhermelyn a grounded character, but the odds were really stacked against her with so many senseless situations and lines. One can only tolerate Candy Pangilinan's over-the-top shrill voice so much, but her Neneng just had to be a non-stop chatterbox spouting absolute nonsense. Jerald Napoles's lusty driver Nhoel did nothing much but play serial lover boy to all three female characters. Newcomer Andrea Barbierra still had limited improv skills, and simply could not keep up with the other three veterans.  

The "comedy" was more of annoying than funny. The actors seemed to only be making up their silly lines themselves and improvising gags on the fly, so most of them missed than flew. Furthermore, director Miko Livelo was not able to create enough creepy atmosphere for the horror aspect to work. The musical score and the editing did not build up any sense of dread, danger or suspense. The lighting of the scenes was very uneven, and there seemed to be a different color filter even in consecutive frames. 

There was no explanation and set-up at all as to why there were zombies. All we get is an inane TV bulletin from the Public Health Department where an incompetent official was advising the public not to call situation a zombie apocalypse, but a blessing to be able to see dead relatives again.  There was something about the blood turning green that came up towards the end, but it was just a throw-away line that did not make any sense. At least, the zombie make-up was quite good, so that deserves a point at least. 1/10. 

3 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of DR. USELU on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication I went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and I was completely cured, since then I have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer { DR.USELU } to everyone out there with the virus. Email: dr.uselucaregvier@gmail.com Add DR. USELU on whats App +234 7052898482

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, sharing this testimony is my greatest happiness also to let every patient know there is cure to get rid of human papillomavirus. I was once a HPV patient for a very long time. I have been taking medications because my doc in Canada told me there is no cure except pills to control it which I have been taking. Until I found a faithful and truthful herbalist who finally cured me with herbal remedy. Everything about the virus was gone, my genital warts I have been trying to remove, they all cleared off. Here is the herbalist information to reach him via : draboloherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2347044725611his website Dr Abolo is great and very kind to every patient. He also Cure 1.HIV/AIDS 2.HERPES 3 CANCER of all kind 4.HSV 1&2 5.Herpatitis B 6.Diabetes 7.HPV and many more

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure ten
    years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a
    lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was
    waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great
    man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
    unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he
    prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the
    end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i
    went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought
    it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my
    friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr voodoo after the treatment she
    was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i
    want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his
    email address, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i want you to email him he
    is a great man. the government is also interested in this Dr voodoo
    thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify
    for your good work you can also add him on whatsApp
    +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete